Roast vegetable couscous salad
Summer is a great time to include more vegetables into your diet in the form of salads. Sometimes you feel less hungry in the hot weather and want to eat a meal that is quick, healthy, light and easy like this roast vegetable and couscous salad recipe.
Salads are a great way to incorporate a variety of vegetables in one dish and you are more likely to meet your 5 A DAY.
Here is my quick and simple recipe for roast vegetable couscous salad: Calories-500kcal Serves-4
- 1 aubergine sliced into rounds
- 150g cherry tomatoes cut into halves
- 250g of whole-wheat couscous
- 1 bunch of trimmed asparagus
- 100g feta cheese sliced into cubes
- 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Lemon
- 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- Paprika powder
- Fresh chopped herbs optional-parsley/coriander/rosemary/mint
- Greek yoghurt/hummus to serve optional
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6, put the aubergine, tomatoes and asparagus on a baking tray and season with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, paprika and black pepper and then mix well.
- Roast vegetables in the oven for 20 minutes until soft and tender.
- Place the couscous in a large bowl and pour over boiling water until just covered. Cover with a clean tea towel and leave for 5 minutes or until the couscous has absorbed the water. Fluff up the grains with a fork.
- Once vegetables are cooked, add them into the couscous along with the juices from the baking tray, add the feta and gently mix everything together. Taste and season extra if needed.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice, garnish with any herbs and serve with some greek yoghurt or hummus.
For some extra protein add chicken or salmon or some pulses such as chickpeas, kidney beans or even nuts
Use ready made couscous to save time
Can use frozen or tinned veg
This meal can also be used for your pack lunch