We collect certain information or data about you when you use our website.
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you register for the One You service
- your IP address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques to help us improve the website
This helps us to:
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- provide you with information about local services if you want it
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- Enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task
- Recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don’t need to do it for every web page requested
- Measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there’s enough capacity to ensure they are fast
You can find out more about website cookies and how they work by reading the Gov.uk website guidance page on Internet browser cookies – what they are and how to manage them.
Signing up for One You Merton – how we use your personal information:
Any information you provide when signing up to One You is stored securely on an electronic database and managed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
The trust may pass this information to third parties who are contracted to provide business support functions to serve your needs.
Personal information is passed on to third parties on a strictly confidential basis and will only be used for the purposes of carrying out tasks on behalf of the trust. Your personal information will never be shared for any other purpose other than providing patient information to you about One You services.
If at any stage you would like to unsubscribe from the One You service please let us know by emailing: email@example.com