We all experience low moods and feelings of sadness from time to time and these generally tend to pass after a few days or possibly a few weeks. However, sometimes we may feel down in ourselves for a prolonged period of time. According to the NHS website if you have a low mood that lasts for 2 weeks or more this could be a sign of depression.
Depression can affect people in many ways. Here are some possible symptoms of depression:
- Feeling sad, guilty, upset or numb
- Thinking that everything seems hopeless
- Not getting enjoyment out of things you used to
- Changes in your weight and appetite
- Feeling you can’t be bothered to do everyday tasks
- Getting angry and irritable at the slightest thing that annoys you
There are of course other signs of depression – the above being just some of the main ways that
Here are some tools that can be used to look into why you are feeling low and what action you can take to try and overcome the low mood you feel.
If you feel like your feelings of low mood are too much for you to cope with alone then further support is available.