Find out about the training we provide for you to become a Health Champion in your local community.
One You Merton is offering the opportunity for individuals to receive training to support local people in making informed decisions about their health and wellbeing.
- Inequalities in health
- Importance of promoting improvements in health and wellbeing
- How effective communication can support health messages
- The impact of behaviour change on health and wellbeing
For the first two modules the training will be covering national as well as local information regarding both public health and inequalities. More details on the content of each of these areas is given below.
In this role you would be expected to:
Understand local health inequalities
Deliver effective health messages
- Support individuals to change and maintain their behaviour
- Signpost for specialist support
The health champion training is a level 2 course certified by Royal Society of Public Health (RSPH) in Understanding Health Improvement.
This free course requires a commitment of 7 hours in total of learning. At the moment it is being taught as a webinar over two half days. This is followed by a multiple choice exam leading to certification.
If you are interested in this training please complete the form below.