Support to stop smoking during the COVID-19 crisis
COVID-19 - Please note all face to face clinics are currently closed. However, our stop smoking advisors can support you via phone, Skype or WhatsApp. Please call us on the number below to set up support
020 8973 3545
Smoking and COVID-19
Here are some key points about smoking and COVID-19:
- If you smoke, you generally have an increased risk of contracting respiratory infection and of more severe symptoms once infected. Coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms may therefore be more severe if you smoke.
- Quitting will bring immediate benefits to your health, including if you have an existing smoking-related disease. This is particularly important for both you and for our NHS at a time of intense pressure on the health service
- E-cigarettes (vapes) can be an effective aid to quitting and staying smokefree
- It is currently unknown what effect vaping may have on susceptibility to severe disease if you are infected with coronavirus (COVID-19).
- For most people vaping remains significantly less harmful than smoking and it is very important that you avoid returning to smoking.
You can get specialist, personalised help from health advisers over the phone from Stop Smoking London throughout your 28 day quit journey.
You can call the helpline on the number below seven days a week and at the following times:
• Monday to Fridays – 9am to 8pm
• Saturday and Sunday – 11am – 4pm
When you call you’ll speak to one of their advisors, they will talk you through the various options available and help you to decide what might work best for you.
0300 123 1044